Successful completion of the CIT PROGRAM will be determined by the CIT Counselor and will be recognized with a certificate issued by Camp Carysbrook as well as 40 community service hours. Red Cross certificates will be emailed directly to the CIT at the end of the summer at the email provided by the CIT.
PARTIAL LISTING OF TOPICS COVERED
- History, Philosophy, Organization of Camp Carysbrook
- American Camping Association, its purpose and function
- Child development, ages 5 through 16
- Goal-setting skills and practice
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Group dynamics
- Decision making skills
- Value clarification skills
- Specific job descriptions/General job expectations
- Teaching methods/Lesson planning
- Hands-on teaching experience at activities/cabins under the direct supervision of senior staff
- Group games/Evening program planning organization, execution
- Red Cross Life Saving including First Aid and CPR
CITs will be evaluated in writing by themselves and the supervising staff. These evaluations will be shared verbally with each CIT.
Successful completion of the CIT PROGRAM can lead to the opportunity to become a WIT (Worker-in -Training) the following summer.