Camp Carysbrook Summer Camp Scholarship Application
Here at Carysbrook, we believe that every girl who desires a place at camp should be able to attend – regardless of her family’s financial situation. With the help of generous donors and the Carysbrook Alumnae Association, we are very glad to be able to provide a limited number of need-based scholarships each summer.
The application will be available January 15, 2019.
Before submitting a scholarship application, please read the Objective Standards for Camp Scholarship Eligibility, available online and included as the final page on this form, and ensure that your camper is eligible.
Highest priority will go to children whose family income is at or below our income eligibility guidelines (see chart, above). However, consideration will be given to any family that expresses need. If you feel your family qualifies for a camp scholarship, please fill out the online form below. Finally, although we try to meet the needs of all families, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to provide your child with a full or partial scholarship.
Income Eligibility Requirements
Household Size 2 – 3
< $65K gross annual income Partial 25% camper scholarship
< $55K gross annual income Partial 50% camper scholarship
< $45K gross annual income Partial 75% camper scholarship
< $35K gross annual income Full scholarship
Household Size 4 – 5
< $60K gross annual income Partial 25% camper scholarship
< $50K gross annual income Partial 50% camper scholarship
< $40K gross annual income Partial 75% camper scholarship
< $30K gross annual income Full scholarship
Household Size 6 – 7
< $55K gross annual income Partial 25% camper scholarship
< $45K gross annual income Partial 50% camper scholarship
< $35K gross annual income Partial 75% camper scholarship
< $25K gross annual income Full scholarship
Objective Standards for Camp Scholarship Eligibility:
- Camper exhibits financial need.
- Camper is self-motivated and wants to participate under the guidelines of Camp Carysbrook.
- Camper is 6 to 16 years old.
- Camper is ready to sleep away from home.
- Camper has no history of behavioral problems that have resulted in removal from school or another camp.
- Camper does not have missing credits that require her to be in summer school.
- Camper’s family or guardian supports their attendance at Carysbrook.
- The amount given toward the participation of any scholarship camper shall not exceed the amount of tuition and airfare minus the amount the family is able to pay and any amount gleaned from participant’s own fundraising efforts.
- Camper has a recommendation from a Camp Carysbrook alumna, school teacher, pastor, or any individual other than a parent or guardian.
- Copy of most current tax filing
Applications must be received by February 15, 2019 in order to be considered for the upcoming camp season.
Please submit the form electronically or mail application to:
3500 Camp Carysbrook Road
Riner, Virginia 24149.
Questions about scholarship applications can be directed to Camp Director Erika Schlichter at (540) 382-1670 or email@example.com.